Thursday, September 30, 2010

Wow...what a week...make that two.

Finally an update! Well, the last two weeks have been rough. Not only have the nuber of assignments piled up, but cleaning/painting, moving in our furniture, in-service meetings, and a funeral have not helped at all.

First, we will have our final test of the quarter on Tuesday, Oct. 5. Each student has been given a study guide. Notes will be posted over the weekend.

Second, grades have been updated. There should be approximately 11 grades in the system right now, including the project. Including the project, there should be 6 major grades from this quarter after the upcoming test.

Third, about half of the projects have been graded. I will finish the others tonight, and all grades should be posted over the weekend.

Last, I do not give extra credit. I know this is a change for some, but the only way to a good grade is to master the material. Make sure you finish all the assignments that are there. From now on, missing assignments will be given a grade of 1.00 in the system to let you know they are missing. If an assignment has not been given a firm due date, I will give full credit. I was gone last week, so any assignment from that week, even if it is turned in late will counted at full credit. Let's get those done.

OK, this has turned into an epistle. I have a class to teach right now. Let's finish strong.

No comments:

Post a Comment